Saturday, March 5, 2011

21 soon

Will be 21 soon. Seriously, time pass so damn fast. Let's see, so far I have not really accomplish much in life and sadly enough, I am still a freaking procrastinator.
It is true when they say time waits for no man as cliche as it may be. I will soon be, officially at least, an adult.
Still, fortunately enough, I am moving forward....

I am truly happy I got this article job because what started out as a source of income became something I enjoyed, where I can practically write about anything I want. By far the best part time job. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside whenever I think of myself as a freelance writer.

It has always been my dream to retreat to some countryside in England and write historical fictions or fantasy fictions or novels about Singapore or historical journals with a cup of coffee for company. Ok. I lied. It was not always my dream but recently, I realise that perhaps what I have always wanted was to be a writer. I love music, art and the written word because more often than not they seem to take me to another world. I can't compose music and I definitely can't draw/paint.(I am only referring to Fine Art) When I mean draw/paint I meant those lord of the rings standard not some anime picture. In other words, the only thing left for me to use as a tool for escaping a pretty mundane world is while, writing.

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
-J.R.R Tolkien
I may still be far from achieving my dream of writing and publishing novels but hey, it is a start.
Please save the printed words and buy books instead of reading them off the net. You can buy them as gift and presents or for your own enjoyment. =D

No comments: