Friday, July 9, 2010

sch expericence

School Experience at Anglo Chinese ( Junior) was actually rather fun. There were three other girls with me which made the whole experience better. Our time table were similar and we click really well. Spent 1 hr 30mins of our break at the canteen talking and time always pass so fast. The principal was friendly and always look so fresh and hyper. The other teachers were friendly too and some even told us their experience with the kids which was seriously hilarious.
My most memorable class had to be the Art class. We were given the opportunity to not only observe but tried out what seem like batik painting. That was really fun and the near the end of the lesson all the kids were gathering around asking why we were painting too. We were also given the opportunity to observe their music lesson which was very different from my primary school days. They have a dance instructor to teach them dancing and another instructor for drama...what an interesting music lesson or at least better than my boring one.
It is also very important to take note of the way one speak to the children. I was helping this 8 year old child with his Microsoft word when I thought I accidentally deleted the picture he drew which was a mouse. And the kid was like, 'where's my mouse?', 'where's my mouse?' and I panicked and accidentally exclaimed, 'Shit!' and realise it and said 'shit' again... Thankfully the boy was too busy thinking about his missing mouse to notice what I said. Like all fairytale, it had a happy ending. Apparently, I accidentally moved the mouse lower down the page..hahahaha so yea, all was well.
There was a kid who actually went up to my friend asking, 'Teacher, you got money?'. Sighs poor kid....the canteen food is really overpriced. I mean seriously, a green tea packet cost $1!! WTH...
There were other funny moments with the kids but I am too lazy to talk about them so I think I will just end here.
I had a great time sitting on the massage chair in the teacher's lounge.
Overall, I have to say that this experience was much better than I expected and I am almost sorry I have to leave.

Next week will be my Secondary school experience, hopefully it brings about the same satisfaction or better. I wonder what sort of experience I will get from observing irritating, self absorbed teenagers.

No comments: