Sunday, February 14, 2010

cny

Next week will be a rather free week. Yeah!! Let's see I have like two essay assignment due and 1 presentation. Busy~ But shall not stress myself for not only is it totally pointless to get stress over something you can't change, it gives you pimple and a bad complexion which sux. History presentation on China was relatively alright. Ada's mum handmade beautiful flowers for the lit class and I thought it was really sweet of her and sweet of Ada to gives us those very beautiful flowers. Mariam gave us straw made heart which was very sweet of her too. Went to lunch with the lit class where mariam bought candles and we place it on the tables. Went to Canteen A with the lit class to take Polaroid pictures. We took like 10 of it because majority wanted one...man it was so freaking tiring...worst than taking a photoshot I swear.
Not many people came for TKD and we ended early. One of the seniors was very sweet and made roses for us. Talk to some of the females senior in TKD...omg I am so glad they are very friendly even the one that I at first thought was proud....you know the kind you see in Netball. TKD ended early because of the festive mood i guess. But somehow I got convinced by Christina to stay back to train some more hahaha. It was quite fun we get to learn extra. Tragically, next week TKD is having an annual celebration and lit night is on that same night!! Argh! I am still not very sure as to go for which.
Had a mini reunion dinner today it was great. Bought a new perfume for the new year hahaha.
Wishing everyone a happy Chinese New Year & Valentine!


Anyway, would like to recommend this beautiful poem/song by Li Qingzhao that sounded so familiar when I heard it... i think I heard it before when I was in secondary school. It is really beautiful. Li Qingzhao is a famous female poet during the Song Dynasty.

Li Qingzhao


月滿西樓

红藕香残玉簟秋,轻解罗裳,独上莲舟。
云中谁寄锦书来,雁字回时,月满西楼。
花自漂零水自流,一种相思,两处闲愁。
此情无计可消除,才下眉头,却上心头。




The song can be found on Youtube. I believe the english title is Moon Rises on West Tower.
It is really beautiful. Anyway, the poem describes how she yearn and misses her husband.

No comments: