Sunday, May 9, 2010

cozy corner

Aimless wondering has been going on for a week. When school ends abruptly I just kind of stone for about a week but I guess one can say that I am getting used to the really huge amount of free time. In other words, I am filling my holidays with things to do.

Went with a few pals to Bras Basah to get some second hand books. I am really glad for this bunch of book loving friends who inspire my to pick up a book and just sit quietly on my bed with a cup of coffee and read, read, read. I used to read alot in secondary school but JC really killed this hobby because preparing for the A'levels was crazy and after the A'levels I wasted my time on online game which was I have to admit rather fun.

Taking Literature as a minor and having friends who actually talk about books helped me revisit this hobby. Literature in university is really different, we have like one book a week to read and because of that we are really expose to different genre of books which makes literature so much more fun than they ever were in secondary school and JC.

Anyway, I am currently reading Gallows Thief. I do love historical fiction....I mean duh I love history. Currently still looking for wuthering heights....I don't know why I can't seem to find this classic..the book is either too old or more expensive than the usual price of a classic book. On the other hand I keep bumping into Jane Eyre...which is weird considering they are both classics and written by authors who are sisters!


I thought of making a cozy corner for reading near the full length window in my house. Mum has agree to sponsor a bookshelf!! wooohooo!! Perhaps I will paint and add a sofa or something....so far I only have a rough idea of what my cozy reading corner will look like but it is not concrete yet....hmm so more planning I guess.
I want to redesign my room too but that would need money so I am still considering if I should take up a another part time job or cut down on my spending because I don't want to eat into my monthly savings. Moreover, I am seriously considering picking up violin...learning a musical instrument now may not be as easy as it was when one is younger but still it is scientifically proven to be good for the brain as it excises the brain and kind of prevent dementia.

Next week is going to be a busy week!! Club meeting, BBQ,meranti crap, tuition....
Now that I have more free time I can plan my tuition lessons better. Hahaha as unbelievable as it sounds I do want my student to do well...

We should have like some masquerade theme party and go around in these costumes hahaha that would be interesting and besides the costumes are so very lovely!!!

No comments: