Tuesday, August 10, 2010

green trip/ airbender

Went to Macritchie reservoir and can't say we had a great time there. It was interesting though, to me at least. Having the company of friends helps a lot. It has been quite awhile since I really really exercise. I guess this was kind of my first time doing a nature walk, the only other nature thing I remember doing was the mangrove walk which was seriously worst and a horror. Anyway, we went there to check the place out first before bringing interested people through the walk as part of our green club activity.
The HSBC treetop walk thing was not as high as I expected it to be but still it was worth the walk. I guess the worst part was when a bunch of monkey was in our way...omg that was seriously freaking scary. The lack of water and food did not help either, it really drained our energy and we only completed the walk in 5 hours time. Still, I shall be thick skin and say it was a job well done. Hahahaha Anyway, found out from alfie later in the day that there is short cut to the treetop walk and apparently that is only 5km.


Watched Avatar the Last Airbender today. It was surprisingly good....at least to me. I thought the story to be interesting and I have to say that the banished prince is most interesting. Hope they are making a part 2...I am actually excited for it.


This is kinda a day late but still....HAPPY 45th BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!!


I found this year NDP too be alright. Love the old songs...the days when the streets of Singapore was actually filled with Singaporeans and not PRCs and what not. Sighs these people are given PRs so easily, it feels as though Singapore cater to foreigners and the benefit the locals is not much different than the benefits they get as well. All that aside, I hope that Singapore will continue to prosper because as cheesy as it sounds, this is our country, we were born here.

No comments: