Thursday, August 12, 2010

a month

A month more before school begins. I still have things that I want/need to do during the holidays but thanks to my procrastination I have not gone around doing them. The holiday have been really unexpected and somewhat more interesting than I would have expected it to be. Somehow, I manage to escape the routine in which I would often find myself in during my previous holidays, which is to wake up in the afternoon and use the Internet or start gaming well into 4am. But, there are still things that I have not done and it is sometimes as simple as drawing. I do miss drawing but I have really gotten around doing any.
I thought of painting my room too. Glad to say that I manage to finish reading some of the books that I bought. Maybe I will try baking too. Hahaha sometimes doing something as simple as drawing, baking, reading or simply walking in a park (not macritchie!omg that was...let's just leave it at not simple) gives one a sense of peace and happiness. It is only during the holidays that we really get to do these simple things that somehow gives us a sense of peace. That said, I still miss school and can't wait for school to start again. Buying Ya Kun ice coffee, rushing into tutorial classes with my coffee, attending CCA, crashing friend's hall and the Macdonald breakfast!!! Of course although I am not looking forward to it, I guess studying harder is necessary so that perhaps...maybe next year I can go for the overseas exchange programme! Being active in life will actually make you feel alive because I am afraid of falling into a routine and that is scary because routine will in the long run turn to mundanity in which one lose oneself and the motivation to live or even without committing suicide, one is good as dead...a souless body. So people if you are think you are simply going through the mundanities of life, grab a book, pick up a sport, a musical instrument, go for plays or simply visit the zoo/ science centre/ bird park.....just do whatever it is that you like but don't often do. Something that breaks you away from your routine! even a jog or cooking a simple dish might work. Even if nothing exciting or life changing happens, I guess in the end being content in doing the simple things is just as enjoyable.


Mankind’s greatest gift, also its greatest curse, is that we have free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear.”
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Do what you want/can to make life more interesting, after all it is your choice!


On a super random note, I think, maybe I am going to change my hairstyle. I am definitely dying my hair again, not sure on the colour yet though....should I go for a bright colour since school experience is over or should I go for a darker shade of brown...hmmm tough choices. However, I am currently more concern about the style.

No comments: