Saturday, September 4, 2010

Global Warning

Just watched a Documentary on global warming called Global Warning. It just made me emo. I can't really remember the details, but the earth alternates between hot and cold every few thousand years or so. According to calculations, the earth is suppose to be cooler now but instead temperature are rising and one of it's major contributing factor is human activities.
Despite all the campaign to encourage people to go green, not many people are doing it. Yesterday, I went to NTUC to buy some groceries and I saw many people still carrying plastic bags, I was like the only one bringing my own bag. For me what made me try my best to go green, though it may not be successful all the time, are the documentaries and photos that shows that the earth is really in danger. Unfortunately, for some people despite knowing and seeing the damaging effect global warming have on earth, they still continue on with their usual wasteful lifestyle saying that even if they were to go green, it will just be one person and that they can't possibly make a difference. I seriously hate that excuse, seriously can't this people be more mature, take the responsibility and make the effort. I am glad to say that for those of us who actually do make the effort, though we may not be successful all the time, are responsible and know we can make a difference no matter how small it is. As for those who still think they can't make a difference, I am truly sorry that you have such low esteem.

Global Warming affects nature and we, humans are part of nature.

I don't want to start sounding like a preacher here but you get the picture. So let us try our best to do whatever we can. =) I have to say for me the hardest would be to drink and not use a straw. Sometimes, using a straw is more hygienic.

No comments: