Thursday, November 25, 2010

simple thoughts...

'the power of literature is clear: it can continue to unsettle us and make us question even our most closely held beliefs' - Eaglestone Robert

It is that power that honestly scares me...to question everything even one's faith, means honestly it seems as though you have nothing to hold on, nothing to anchor you to the ground and that idea scares the shit out of me...

I think English more than a difficult discipline is a scary discipline because it seems to put weird thoughts into your head.....lolsss or maybe it is just me on a quiet rainy night....hmmm
Btw, I meant English Literature....

On another note, I think it is truly annoying when a lecturer forces his answer on you indirectly. Suggesting that his answer is the only true answer, I mean fine he has like way more experience than us. Still....can't he just let us try different ways of answering the question. I mean that's the reason why most of us take humanities right because we are sick of the 'you are either right or wrong' judgement. Plus now that we are in university, can't he just give us thought provoking questions that makes us think rather than freaking throw the answer on us. Thinking for yourself is more effective right...

Despite saying all those 'noble' stuff, I am going to contradict myself and admit that I honestly don't mind if he gives hints and practically throws exam questions on us to better prepare us for the exams. HAHAHAHAH after all we live is sad grade driven , money driven world.
And well I am caught in the grade driven world I hope I won't fall into the money driven part....because the last thing I want to be is a emotionless money making machine.

No comments: